Lunges are a great way strengthening the quadriceps and ensures other muscles like the glutes, hamstring and calf muscles are involved while doing the lunge. Ensuring that the back is erect while doing this exercise will mean less stress on the back.
How to do it?
- Stand with your feet apart (about 3 to 3.5 feet) as show in the first frame
- Hand on hips
- Slowly inhale and lower you body while bending both legs at the knees
- stay for brief moment at the final position
- Exhale while coming back to starting position
- Repeat as per instruction
- Repeat the set by switching the legs – the one that was back will not come in front and vice versa
- Do the number of sets as advised and based on your own capacity