FAQ : Learning to Run for Beginners
- How many days a week does this programme take? You will workout 5 days a week approximately 30 minutes a day. The programme is flexible and one can take additional one or two days off per week in the early part of the programme.
- What time will this begin? This is not a classroom programme – instructions for the day are on the internet – you do what is scheduled for the day and report back daily. So in a way, timing is flexible allowing many to participate. I like to exercise early in the morning before I go to work – it makes me feel good!
- Do I have to meet up in a group regularly? No, there are no scheduled group meetings except on Sundays (where we can run as a group), and that is optional as well.
- I have joint pain, can I run? I am not a doctor – but if I were you, I would consult one to get an opinion before I take up a sport like running.
- I have never run before do you think it will be possible for me to participate in the programme? Yes. This is a beginners programme. As kids we have all run before but have lost the ability to do over years – some of which is due to the lifestyle we follow. I believe it’s not impossible to get back the skill of running – but it requires one to get out of bed and do something about it. It is a slow process but not impossible.
- What if I have more questions during the program? The program is designed to give individual feedback for their activities, however this is driven by you as a participant reporting back on a daily basis as to how you felt about the days workout. The reporting + feedback is done online. You can use the same platform for asking questions. In addition there is a blog where you will find more information